Tuesday, August 25, 2015

MIXED RACE HAIR




MIXED RACE HAIR


What does having ” MIXED RACE HAIR ” means?It means if you don’t style it correctly you will have a mess on your head.So let go through copule of steps that will help you.

DON’T SHAMPOO TOO MUCH
Daily shampoos won’t do you any good.You need the oils that your scalp produces, and shampoo washes that.I use Bumble and Bumbles Surf Foam Wash because it gets the grit out while still retaining some of my natural texture.

CONDITION A LOT, SPORADICALLY
I am addicted to you - MIXED RACE HAIR 2
Via elle.com
My hair is not getting as much oil as it needs from my scalp so I need to supplement with silly amounts of conditioner. Use something made for curly hair, even if you are just going for messy beach waves. I prefer Ouidad’s Curl Quencher Moisturizing Conditioner. This ish smells pretty much how a shower should, and it keeps plenty of bounce and shine to my hair even after a shampoo.

NATURE IS YOUR HAIRDRYER
Heat will only work against you, and unless you want to absolutely destroy your  texture.You won’t need it if you take care of your hair (condition) and let it air dry. So roll your car windows way down when you drive to work and let the highway run its fingers through your curls.

DRY STYLING IS MY STYLING
We’ve established that you don’t really want to get your hair wet unless you absolutely have to. So what are we supposed to do with our hair the other six days of the week? Not a ton, to be honest. The best styles I create are really just cleaned up bed-head looks, because my hair is just plain naturally gorgeous. Yours is too.First, I use Verb’s Leave-In Mist. I’ll focus on the ends and the back of my head where the most knots are. After I’ve added a sheen to my hair, I’ll rub the roots with Aveda’s Pure Abundance Hair Potion. This light powder is great for adding some body and texture after you shampoo without weighing it down with unnecessary junk.

EMBRACE IT
This is maybe one of the most important things when you are  having mixed-race hair: learn to love it exactly for what it is. Fighting what you’ve got will only end with split ends and impossible knots. Rather than trying to make your hair look like something it’s never going to be, take care of what it is, and you’ll have something that grabs attention and makes everyone want to touch your head.


Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment